Visible Learning- 1 Mattiazzo
This term we have been exploring Persuasive Texts. We have been looking at different strategies that authors use to engage their audience and CONVINCE them. One activity that was enjoyed by our class were our responses to the crayons from the book ‘The Day the Crayons Quit’ by Drew Daywalt.
We are learning how to write a persuasive texts.
- I write to one of the crayons convincing them to stay.
- I use capital letters to begin sentences.
- I use full stops to end sentences.
- I use at least one persuasive device in my writing. (capital letters, exclamation marks, rhetorical questions, emotive language, modality words)
- I edit my work for meaning, punctuation and spelling errors.